If you are using Google chrome browser in your daily life then here we have some suggestion about using few specific extension to boost your productivity. In my recent posts about Must Have Google Chrome Extensions for Web Developers & Must Have Google Chrome Extensions for Designers. you may understand how extensions are helping people to become more productive and complete tasks a little quicker throughout the day. Being a web writer is never an easy job. You have to do research, check for sources, note down important findings, find compelling images, etc. Here are some of the most useful Chrome extensions for Content/Copy writers which can be used to organize your daily workflow.
- Notepad: Notepad is a very simple notepad with sync functionality that also runs offline.
- Evernote: Evernote is very much loved by all the bloggers and social media marketers out there because it’s a very handy tool to have in your arsenal, especially when you’re doing things on the go. Whether you’re looking for a new idea for your blog or you find a piece of information that can come in handy for your social media strategy, all you need to do is highlight some part of the text or even an entire page and Evernote will store it for you.
- Evernote Web Clipper: Evernote Web Clipper is not just only bookmark alternative but also you can instantly share your clips with your colleagues or with the Internet.
- Grammarly: Grammarly will make sure your messages, documents, and social media posts are clear, mistake-free, and impactful. Adding Grammarly to Chrome means that your spelling and grammar will be vetted on Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Tumblr, and nearly everywhere else you write on the web. Once you register your new account, you will start to receive weekly emails with personalized insights and performance stats (one of our most popular new features). Working on a large project, an essay, or a blog post? No sweat. You can create and store all of your documents in your new online editor.
- Google Dictionary: Google Dictionary helps you to define any selected word.
- Ginger Spell Checker: Ginger Spell Checker Perfect your English with Ginger Page – Contextual Grammar, Spell Checker, Synonyms, Translations and Dictionary!
- Spell Checker: Spell Checker for Chrome supports 12 languages for spell check. It’s a tool to check spellings of words and come up with suggestions for misspelled words.
- Select and Speak: Select and Speak is a simple text-to-speech extension. As a writer it is hard to find your own mistakes in your articles. But if you can hear your articles it becomes very easy to find and rectify the mistakes.
- Awesome Screenshots: Awesome Screenshots Capture all or part of any web page. Add annotations, comments, blur sensitive info, and share with one-click uploads.
- FireShot: FireShot akes full web page screenshots. You can edit and annotate captures. You can capture web pages entirely to PDF (with links) / JPEG / PNG files, print, or copy to clipboard.
- Lightshot: Lightshot is the fastest way to take a customizable screenshot. Simple interface, nothing useless and light weight.
- Google URL Shortener: Though it is a unofficial extension but Google URL Shortener allows you to shorten the current website URL with the Google URL Shortener service http://goo.gl/
- Bitly: Bitly url shorten extension allows you to shorten, measure, and optimize your links.
Focus & Inspiration :
- Stay Focusd: StayFocusd increases your productivity by limiting the amount of time that you can spend on time-wasting websites.
- A Quotation: Need a quote ? A Quotation will give it to you. It will also give you a daily dose of inspiration to be more productive.
- Momentum: Momentum replace new tab page with a personal dashboard featuring to-do, weather, and inspiration.
- OneTab: As a content writer/blogger you have to browse many websites .Whenever you find yourself with too many tabs, click the OneTab icon to convert all of your tabs into a list. When you need to access the tabs again, you can either restore them individually or all at once.
As a content writer & a blogger i find this extensions is also usefull.
- Kami – PDF and Document Markup: Using Kami – PDF and Document Markup you can annotate, markup, and collaborate on your PDF, document, or image files.
- Google Similar Pages: Discover webpages similar to the page you’re currently browsing using Google Similar Pages
- Check My Links: Now you don’t have to check every link before you put in your post because This extension will do it .
- AdBlock: Because you do browse many websitese for researching purposes. You may feel boring seeing ads. AdBlock willl give you the ad free web browsing experience.
- Auto Text Expander: Ever get tired of typing out long email addresses, phrases you frequently use, or just looking to save keystrokes as you type? Or you do perform online commentatory as cricbuzz,espn cricinfo do. Auto Text Expander create custom keyboard shortcuts to expand and replace text as you type!
Hope, these chrome extensions will help you. Maybe, There are many more useful extensions that are not coming to mind concerning blogging. Start with a few or just one to see how your productivity rate is increasing every day.